For additional information about the Palo Alto Baylands, see the City's official website:
- Thursday, October 6, 2016: Ardenwood Historic Farm, Fremont
- Thursday, October 13, 2016: Clos LaChance Winery, San Martin. Brown-bag lunch at member's home in Morgan Hill.
- Saturday, October 15, 2016: Ardenwood Historic Farm, Fremont
- Thursday, October 20, 2016: Cowell Redwoods SP, Felton. Lunch at member's home in Ben Lomond
- Thursday, October 27, 2016: Senior Safari Walkabout - Happy Hollow Zoo, San Jose. Note: 9:00 start time.
Ongoing activities of interest involving Paintsites regulars:
- John Ediger will be gallery-sitting at the Az Gallery (1213 Lincoln Ave., San Jose) on Friday, September 30th from 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Stop by and say 'hello'.
- Candy Yu is currently showing 18 watercolor pet portraits at the VCA Crocker Animal Hospital, 475 N. Jackson Ave., San Jose. Most of her artwork is in the reception area and hallways and can viewed by the public. The Hospital is open Mon. - Fri. 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM; Sat. & Sun. 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The exhibit runs thru the end of October.
- SCVWS members Annie Haines, Mary Raftery, and Uma Kelkar were accepted into Fioli's "The Valley of Heart’s Delight: A Multiple–media Exhibit" which runs thru October 23rd in the Visitor & Education Center. A 'Closing Reception' will be held Thursday, October 20th from 5:00 - 7:00 PM. This event is free but reservations are required by October 14th and can be obtained at: http://www.filoli.org/art-exhibits/ or 650-364-8300, x 508.
- Jane Ferguson and Nancy Calhoun are currently presenting 'Line & Shape' (mixed water media & encaustic) at Viewpoints Gallery, 315 State St. in Los Altos http://www.viewpointsgallery.com/ . Hours are Mon. - Sat. 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Sun. 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM. The show runs thru October 1st.
- Jane Ferguson is participating in the Santa Cruz County Open Studios Art Tour on Saturday & Sunday, October 1 -2 with an encore weekend on October 15 - 16. Hours are 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Jane is Artist #86 - 3540 Marilyn St., Santa Cruz.
- Mike Granger has two paintings in the Fremont Art Association's 50th Annual Art Show. The Association Gallery is located at 37697 Niles Boulevard, Fremont. Normal hours are: Tue. 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM; Wed. 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Thu. 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM; and Fri. - Sun. 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The show opens Tuesday, September 27th and runs thru Sunday, October 30th. The Opening Reception is Sunday, October 2nd from 1:30 - 4:00 PM.
The Bay and the Harriet Mundy Marsh:
|Lisha on the bank of the Harriet Mundy Marsh.|
|Lisha's painting of the Harriet Mundy Marsh with the PG & E maintenance boardwalk and the Dumbarton Bridge in the distance.|
|Helen's painting of the same marsh and a sliver of the Bay -- but looking more easterly than Lisha's.|
|Jane P.'s painting of the Harriet Mundy Marsh with a flock of wading birds.|
|Brad's painting of the small boat dock and the slough winding into the old harbor from the Bay.|
The sloughs where the old Palo Alto Yacht Harbor used to be:
|Joe. (The sun protection flaps on his cap gives some idea of just how breezy it became about noontime.)|
|Joe's painting of the slough with the EcoCenter in the distance.|
|Elaine' painting of the slough.|
|Elaine's (maybe finished, maybe unfinished) painting of an interesting roadside eucalyptus.|
|Jane S. rejoined the group after her summer in Canada. (Note the tiny pinkish blossoms on the shrub behind Jane. We were all struck by their subtle color but none of us knew the name of the plant.)|
|Jane S.'s painting of the pinkish roadside vegetation. That's Katherine in the distance.|
|A slough and EcoCenter sketch by Jane S.|
|Jane S.'s painting of the slough and the EcoCenter.|
|Katherine's painting of the slough and the cattails (?) framing her view.|
|Mary R.'s slough painting.|
|Ji-eun's harbor slough painting with the multi-hued salt-marsh vegetation.|
|The Duck Harbor was always a popular subject at past Paintsites. Today only Martha tackled it and what she was really after was the palm trees along the shoreline.|
|What to do when there's only a few minutes between completing a painting and lunch? Answer: Paint a charming little wildflower as Helen did here.|
|Post-critique close examination of Ji-eun's painting.|