Not everyone had even heard of the "Secret Garden", but Brad knew it well because he learned to read and developed a love for books in the Children's Library. Back in the day, they held 'Reading Hours' for young children in the "Secret Garden".
It was a warm sunny day which was just perfect for outdoor painting, especially if one was in the shade.
For more information about Lucie Stern Community Center:
Upcoming Paintsites. See the SCVWS website or the May Newsletter for details.
- Thursday, May 2, Paintsite or Hike & Sketch at Skyline Ridge
- Saturday, May 4, San Jose Municipal Rose Garden
- Thursday, May 9, Nola's Iris Garden, San Jose, note change of date
- Thursday, May 16, San Jose Municipal Rose Garden
- Saturday, May 18, Calero County Park, new entrance at Rancho San Vicente
- Thursday, May 23, Hidden Villa, Los Altos Hills
- Thursday, May 30, Duc Vien Buddhist Pagoda, San Jose
SCVWS Annual Exhibit
- Exhibit Runs from February 28 - May 1, 2019 at the Addison-Penzak JCC, 14855 Oka Road, Los Gatos
- Open Mon - Fri 5AM -10PM, Sat-Sun 7AM-7AM
Open Studios in May
Many of our paintsite regulars will be showing their work in their own studio or sharing a studio with other artists. Open Studios takes place the first three weekends in May, 11am to 5 pm. A booklet with locations and examples of work is available at most area art galleries and on line at www.svos.org
Artists and their artwork:
Many artists painted in the Secret Garden.
|Salinda's painting of the Secret Garden|
|Srivani and Bill|
|Srivani's painting of the Secret Garden|
Bill poses with his painting in the
|Broncha's painting of the Secret Garden|
A whole row of artists, Elaine, Indira, Jane S, Tanvi, Leslie, and Dick,
take advantage of a good view and shade.
|Jane S's painting|
|Tanvi used only three pigments in her painting.|
Alison, weekend paintsite coordinator, took a long
lunch hour to join us.
Jack, Kaaren, and Lorraine set up by the Children's Theatre administration
office in order to get a good view of the Magic Castle
|Jack's value sketch of the Magic Castle outdoor stage|
Kaaren's included some actors in her
painting of the Magic Castle outdoor stage.
|Lorraine's painting of the Magic Castle|
|Marilyn's painting of the wishing well|
Some artists painted in the Community Center Main Courtyard
|Tiangong's painting of the courtyard|
|Lauren's painting of the courtyard|
|Brad's painting of the Children's Library|
|We had lunch in front of the Community Theater.|
|Marilyn is showing Srivani's painting during our sharing time.|