For more information about Linda Vista Park in Cupertino, see the City Parks web page:
(Scroll down to see Linda Vista.)
- Thursday, September 10, 2015: Private residence on San Mateo County coast - see website Members Only: Paintsites Details for more information. Currently "Wait List only".
- Thursday, September 17, 2015: Martial Cottle Park, San Jose. This is a new park and a new Paintsite.
- Saturday, September 19, 2015: Saratoga Farmers Market at West Valley College
- Thursday, September 24, 2015: Santa Cruz Yacht Harbor, Santa Cruz. Followed by post-paintout pot-luck at member's home. Reservations required for pot-luck - see September Newsletter and the Members Only section on the website.
- Friday, September 24, 2015: Natural Bridges State Beach, Santa Cruz. Followed by post-paintout pot-luck at Natural Bridges State Beach. Reservations required for pot-luck - see the SCVWS September Newsletter and website.
Here we are and here's what we painted today:
|Rich painting a dry creek bed and bridge.|
|Rich's painting of the dry creek and bridge.|
|Iris' painting of one of the small ponds.|
|Sylvia (left) and first-time Paintsiter Jeannie.|
|Jeannie's painting of Dick, Yan and Kaaren.|
|Sylvia's painting of a family in one of the playgrounds.|
|Katherine - her first time with the group.|
|Katherine's first Paintsite plein air painting.|
|Kim's painting of the up-slope side of the meadow and hillside.|
|Lisha's painting using a new technique.|
|Kaaren's painting #1: a family enjoying a walk in the park.|
|Kaaren's sketch of the old stone bridge.|
|Marilyn, back from her Ohio vacation and big family reunion.|
|Marilyn's painting of the dry creek bed.|
|Liz perched on one of the stone walls ...|
|... painted the old stone bridge.|
|Nora's unfinished painting of the dry pond.|
|Nora's painting across the meadow toward the golf course.|
|Melanie in a safe place after the yellowjackets drove her from her first spot.|
|Melanie's sketch of Brad.|
|Melanie, with no yellowjackets to harass her, was able to finish her first painting in her home studio.|
|Dick and Yan|
|Dick's painting of park visitors in the main meadow.|
From the location I chose, finding a focal point was difficult, so I created one by quickly sketching a passing woman and her dog. Recently I have made an effort to paint people and animals to create interest. Dick
|Alan (left) and John. (visit again later to see their day's work.)|
We didn't get photos of all the artists at work (or just standing around, as the case may be) but we did capture their paintings during the critique.
|Deborah painted through the trees down toward the meadow from a high point in the park.|
|Janice's painting of the meadow.|
|Leslie used artistic license to fill the pond in her painting of the pond and stone bridge.|
|Mary's painting of some of the redwoods bordering the meadow.|
|Tom's painting across the meadow.|
As soon as we arrived we started checking out various lunch spots. A couple of shaded tables adjacent to a colorful children's play area looked like the perfect spot. But there always seemed to be lots of kids and groups of parents there; one right after the other. We timed it just right --- after one group left and before the next swarm cycled in, we piled the tables with stuff and posted Big Bad John to secure the spot.
|Lunch: (from left) Yan, Dick, Lisha and Iris.|
|The rest of us. After lunch we held our usual critique.|