For more information about the Santa Clara depot, see:
For the model railroad museum in the depot, see:
- Thursday, November 17, 2016: "Kids & Artists" - Hidden Villa, Los Altos Hills.
- Saturday, November 19, 2016: "Kids & Artists" - Hidden Villa, Los Altos Hills.
(This is a repeat of last year's successful two day Hidden Villa paintout.)
- Thursday, December 1, 2016: Thomas Fogarty Winery, Skyline Blvd, Woodside.
- Thursday, December 8, 2016: Downtown Los Altos followed by festive potluck lunch at member's home.
Ongoing activities of interest involving Paintsites regulars:
- A number of Paintsites artists are showing their studio work in the 'Vino Locale Show' which runs November 8, 2016, thru February 6, 2017. The Artists Reception will be Monday, November 14, 2016, from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM. The restaurant is located at 431 Kipling St., Palo Alto. Hours are: Lunch: Tue. - Sun.: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM. Dinner: daily: 5:00 - 9:00 PM. Go for lunch or dinner, have some wine (get in a good mood), buy some fine art. You won't regret it! Vino Locale website: http://www.vinolocale.com/about-us/
- Candy Yu is showing 17 original paintings & canvas prints at Foothill Presbyterian Church, 5301 McKee Rd. San Jose. Call the church (408) 258-8133 before visiting to make sure the exhibit, which runs thru the end of December, will be accessible.
|Lisa's painting of the main Caltrain line with a locomotive coming right at her.|
|Leslie's Tombow & w/c pigment sketch of the Caltrain tracks and the UP freight line.|
|Leslie's sketch of station landscaping.|
The old depot, painted from every side, was our favorite subject...
From the south-west corner:
|Annie's painting from across the street.|
|Brad's painting from close up.|
|Artist's line-up across from the depot. A group of school children admire Iris' artwork. (photo by Salinda)|
|Dick chose to 'remove' the ramp and platform next to the old passenger car on static display to capture a more authentic sense of the place.|
|Leslie's Tombow & pigment sketch|
After "We've been workin' on the railroad all the live long day", it's time for lunch on the platform...
|Discussing the merits (of which there are many) of our work (photo by Salinda)|