We had a special visitor, Maria Dudnick, a reporter with the Santa Clara Weekly, who came by to interview us. A real trooper, she stuck with it and spoke with all of us -- her enthusiasm definitely warmed us and brightened our day. Look for her upcoming article in the Santa Clara Weekly ( http://www.santaclaraweekly.com/ ). (The edition is yet to be determined so check weekly.)
- Saturday, January 14, 2017: SCVWS Annual Holiday Party - 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM. See link on the SCVWS website home page for details
- Thursday, January 19, 2017: Guadalupe Oak Grove Park, San Jose.
- Saturday, January 21, 2017: Stanford University Quad, Palo Alto.
- Thursday, January 26, 2017: Santa Cruz Arboretum, UCSC.
- Thursday, February 2, 2017: Winchester Mystery House, San Jose.
- Thursday, February 9, 2017: Historic Santa Clara site TBD.
- Thursday, February 16, 2017: Maryknoll Retirement Residence, Los Altos.
- Thursday, February 23, 2017: Coyote Valley Open Space Preserve, Morgan Hill
Details can be found on the SCVWS website and in the January & February Newsletters.
Ongoing activities of interest involving Paintsites regulars:
Locale Show' continues its run thru February 6, 2017. The
restaurant is located at 431 Kipling St., Palo Alto.
Hours are: Lunch: Tue. - Sun.: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM. Dinner:
daily: 5:00 - 9:00 PM. Think of starving artists while you enjoy your meal - be guilty, be part of the solution: buy a fine watercolor. The Vino Locale
website is: http://www.vinolocale.com/about-us/
- John Ediger will be gallery-sitting at the Az Gallery (1213 Lincoln Ave., San Jose) on Thursday, January 19, 2017 from 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Drop in and say 'hello'.
- Cathy Belleville is exhibiting 18 of her Palo Alto Baylands paintings at the Sequoias of Portola Valley (340 Willowbrook Dr. just off 501 Portola Rd.) from January 3rd - 30th. You'll recognize some of the artwork as they were created at recent Paintsites.
Behind the Triton is a sculpture garden which always grabs our attention:
|Joy (left) and Sharon|
|Joy's painting of the back of the Triton Museum.|
|Iris and the Little Cowboy sculpture.|
|Iris' unfinished painting of the Little Cowboy|
The historic Jamison-Brown House:
|Leslie (photo bonus - that cool, hot-red car in the background is Salinda's new wheels.)|
|Leslie's painting of the Jamison-Brown House.|
|Lisha's value sketch of the Jamison-Brown House.|
|Lisha's almost finished painting of the Jamison-Brown House.|
|Dick's painting of a dog-walker and one cold puppy in front of the Jamison-Brown House.|
|Salinda's painting of the Jamison-Brown House.|
|Brad's unfinished painting of the Jamison-Brown House.|
The historic Headen-Inman House:
|Annie's painting of the Headen-Inman House.|
|Anu working on her painting of the Headen-Inman House.|
|From left: Dick, Brad and Santa Clara Weekly reporter Maria Judnick (photo by Salinda)|