We had a very busy day of it: We painted until noon; Then we ate a leisurely lunch on benches in the sun; Then we viewed the Hua Beiren show; Then we got a tour of the J. Gilbert Smith House (the subject of most of our paintings) from an enthusiastic and knowledgeable History Museum docent; Then we trooped over to downtown Los Altos for coffee and a pastry at Le Boulanger; Then we visited Viewpoints Gallery and saw some SCVWS members fine artwork; Then (finally) it was time to head home --- what a great day with a talented, fun group! (Note, there was no time for a Critique hence few photos of our artwork. Images are slowly filtering in so check back for more later.)
- Monday, January 2, 2017: Registration for Annual Member Show opens. See website for details.
- Thursday, January 5, 2017: Wildwood Park, Saratoga
- Sunday, January 8, 2017: Deadline to register for SCVWS Annual Holiday Party. See website for details and instructions about registering on the Members Only webpage.
- Thursday, January 12, 2017: Historic Santa Clara Site to be Determined.
- Saturday, January 14, 2017: SCVWS Annual Holiday Party - 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM. See link on the SCVWS website home page for details
- Thursday, January 19, 2017: Guadalupe Oak Grove Park, San Jose
- Thursday, January 26, 2017: Santa Cruz Arboretum, UCSC.
Ongoing activities of interest involving Paintsites regulars:
- The 'Vino
Locale Show' continues its run thru February 6, 2017. The
restaurant is located at 431 Kipling St., Palo Alto.
Hours are: Lunch: Tue. - Sun.: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM. Dinner:
daily: 5:00 - 9:00 PM. Do yourself a favor: Go eat, drink, and buy a fine watercolor. (Unfortunately, it's too late for a Christmas gift so get one for yourself.) The Vino Locale
website is: http://www.vinolocale.com/about-us/
- John Ediger will be gallery-sitting at the Az Gallery (1213 Lincoln Ave., San Jose) on Thursday, January 19, 2017 from 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Drop in and say 'hello'.
- Cathy Belleville is exhibiting 18 of her Palo Alto Baylands paintings at the Sequoias of Portola Valley (340 Willowbrook Dr. just off 501 Portola Rd.) from January 3rd - 30th. An Opening Reception will be held on Sunday, January 8th from 2:30 - 4:30 PM. Please RSVP to Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to attend.
|Cathy B.'s painting of the sunny side of the J. Gilbert Smith House.|
|SCVWS Thursday Paintsites co-coordinators (from left) Brad, Marilyn, and Jane S. (photo by Salinda)|
|Brad's painting of the J. Gilbert Smith House|
|Debbie (left) and Marcelle|
|Iris (left) and Lisha looking relaxed. (Photo by Salinda)|
|Iris looking serious!|
|Lisha focused on her painting.|
|Thursday Paintsites co-coordinator Jane S.|
|Jayne S. back with us after her serious ankle injury.|
|Jayne's journal entry painting of the J. Gilbert Smith House arbor.|
|Katherine (left) and Annie|
|Lorraine packing up after finishing her painting,|
|Lorraine's painting of an outbuilding.|
|Thursday Paintsites co-coordinator Marilyn.|
|Marilyn's painting of one of the handsome lampposts in the History Museum courtyard.|
|Well deserved coffee break at Le Boulanger: from left - Brad, Mike G. and Annie. (photo by Salinda)|