Paint site Guidelines
Please check the Paintsites website for details including directions and possible cancellations. To keep our members and guests as safe as possible during the COVID-19 era, we must change how we do things. Some of the paint sites have visitor limits. When this occurs we will post the information in paint site details on the SCVWS website. Participants must wear masks and observe the 6 ft. distancing rule. We no longer take photos of paintings on site. Please take your own photo, crop if needed, and submit to email@example.com according to our Weekly Blog submission guidelines.
Blog Submission Guidelines
We invite Paintsites' artists to paint or sketch during the week, pick one painting from that week and submit it by Saturday of that week. Here are some guidelines:
- Submit a digital photo of your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cropped photos are preferred.
- Include your name, the date and comments about the site or unique media notes.
- Be creative! Some of your best subjects are in or around your home. You may want to paint from personal photos of your travels.
- Submissions after Saturday midnight will appear in the following week's blog.
- One submission per member per week, please.
Words from Leader Alison: We had a moderate turnout despite the atmospheric conditions. Six artists painted in an abbreviated session due to haze from wildfires blanketing the area. The conditions provided some interesting shadows.
Artwork and photos from the
Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum
|Haze above the Palms, Photo by Alison|
|Fountain in front of the Egyptian Museum|
|Images of the Egyptian Museum by Caroline|
|Mosaic Fountain by Alison|
|The Egyptian Museum, by Mary P|
Artwork by others, plein air or at home
|Sierra Memories by Indira|
|Anthurium Plant, Studio painting from life by Annie|
|Prince Edward Island Lupin, Gouache by Jane|
|A Two Color Rose, From the San Jose Rose Garden by Kavita|
|Bird on the Rocks, Asilomar, by Salinda|
|Monterey Bay from Asilomar, by Dick|