Saturday, October 1, 2011

Alum Rock Park

Some paintings from our visit to Alum Rock Park in September. Yet another gorgeous summer's day.
Sylvia
Brad Santos
 Brad: While joining up in the parking lot, Janice Faulstich commented that the park was mountain lion territory. After mulling this over,  we decided to stick with Dick Zunkel as offering the best protection against same!  He led us past a number of late-19th Century and early-20th Century stone grottoes (better suited, I think, for trolls than mountain lions) and baths to a wonderful old arched stone bridge. For the day, no mountain lion or troll sightings, only fine paintings.
Dick Zunkel

Sylvia Waddell
Sylvia: This is one of my tiny postcard paintings. It turned out quite well. I think I do better when I'm not thinking about what I'm doing. Painting with the left side of my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment