- Thursday, May 26, 2016: Anna Cook's Mexican Garden, Saratoga
- Thursday, June 2, 2016: Rancho San Antonio, Cupertino - Hike & Sketch or Sit & Paint.
- Thursday, June 9, 2016: Allied Arts, Menlo Park
- Thursday, June 16, 2016: Vasona County Park, Los Gatos
- Thursday, June 23, 2016: Sierra Azul Nursery & Garden, Watsonville
- Thursday, June 30, 2016: Duc Vien Buddhist Pagoda, San Jose
Other ongoing local events of interest:
- Through Friday, May 27, 2016: SCVWS Member Show "H2O Works" at the Presentation Center in Los Gatos. For details see the SCVWS Home page: http://www.scvws.org/.
Although direct access to the reservoir isn't possible (don't count on filling your water container from the lake --- and why would you, it's probably the same water that comes out of your tap at home?), it's possible to get far enough off the paved lakeside trail to get great views across and down the lake and hills (while staying out of the way of the numerous walkers, runners, and occasional cyclist on the trail). Suggested by Mary Raftery, who hikes the trail monthly, this was a new Paintsite for us and one to which we'll return in the near future as it will serve equally well as a Hike & Sketch (6 level miles if we're game) which also provides a fine Sit & Paint site very near the on-street Skyline Blvd. parking area.
The official San Mateo County website for the Sawyer Camp Trail County Park is:
Windblown but unbowed:
|Rich relied on the adjacent fence for a windbreak --- Big, big mistake. He took this selfie just after a particularly fierce gust lifted from his chair and carried him away. Hopefully he'll come down in time for the next Paintsite.|
|Fortunately, we were able to find Rich's painting.|
|Joe found a relatively protected place in which to paint.|
|Joe's painting of the trail winding into the distance.|
|Joy also found a good place in which to paint ...|
|... this view down the trail. (The rock is the left foreground provided a more substantial windbreak than the one on which Rich relied.)|
|Sharon next to the big rock that served as a fine windbreak for her and Joy.|
|Kaaren's first painting|
|Kaaren's second painting.|
|Liz found a semi-protected spot to paint some interesting boulders.|
|Liz's overflow boulders.|
Mary's painting "... facing the hills that were half green, half gold.