Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend Site Memorial Park Nov. 17 2012

We held the second weekend plein air paintsite at the Memorial Park in Cupertino, on November 17th.  In spite of the rain we managed to get in a good day of painting. It started with rain in the morning but as the day went on it became sunny and quite mild, and we had a great time painting various aspects of Memorial Park together. Rajit Chandra




Uma Kelkar and Sylvia Waddell at the Memorial Park paintsite on Nov. 17, 2012






Uma Kelkar



Uma Kelkar
This was the second sketch - I had 4 hours of time that I had been given, kid free! I was not in a mood to paint, but the gift of time was for me to lose and that couldn't be justified with my lack of desire to go on and paint. I am so glad that I did not give in to my mood swing!
I find the drawing lacking and the straight trunk of the tree on the left unnatural - however, the mood is captured well and that satisfies me.
Study book #2, paper = 90lb Canson all media paper
Squirrel mop. Uma
 

Rajit Chandra
 I started to paint. Then suddenly the sky opened and poured rain, leaving me drenched. Luckily I was able to recover much of the washed out areas and finish the painting. Rajit

Sylvia Waddell
I started out just drawing as I wasn't convinced that the rain would stop - but it did! I was inspired by the dramatic memorial sculpture against the fall trees. We had a lovely discussion about art at lunch and it was so much fun. Thanks Rajit for giving us this opportunity to paint on the weekends. Sylvia





No comments:

Post a Comment