Alum Rock Park Survivor Edition
During this episode of SCVWS survivor ( the Unnamed Bridges of Alum Rock Park) Lora, Claudia, Laurie, Monique and Alison had an wildlife adventure at Alum Rock Park. We persevered despite rattlesnake warning signs, aggressive squirrels and Stellars Jays, busy bees and poor cellphone service! The weather cooperated and the breezy weather yielded crystal clear skies. ~ Alison
Scroll down and enjoy this week’s photos and artwork posts, details on our plein air safety requirements and upcoming events.
New: Check out our web site Paintsites Homepage. We updated it to include links to presentations on plein air painting by SCVWS members Dick Zunkel, Uma Kelkar and Edward Rooks. All three links were used as references during the SCVWS Zoom Q&A session on February 28, 2021.
Paint Site Guidelines
Please check the Paintsites website for details including directions and possible cancellations. To keep our members and guests as safe as possible during the COVID-19 era, we must change how we do things. Some of the paint sites have visitor limits. When this occurs we will post the information in paint site details on the SCVWS website. Participants must wear masks and observe the 6 ft. distancing rule. We no longer take photos of paintings on site. Please take your own photo, crop if needed, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Blog Submission Guidelines
If you choose not to attend the organized SCVWS plein air events, we invite Paintsites' artists sketching/painting on their own to pick one painting from that week and submit it by Saturday of that week. Here are some guidelines:
- Submit a digital photo of your artwork to email@example.com. Cropped photos are preferred.
- Include your name, the date and comments about the site or unique media notes.
- Be creative! Some of your best subjects are in or around your home. You may want to paint from personal photos of your travels.
- Submissions after Saturday midnight will appear in the following week's blog.
- One painting per member per week, please.
Upcoming Paint sites:
- Thursday, MAY 13 - Holbrook Palmer Park, Atherton
- Thursday, MAY 20 - Vasona Park, Los Gatos
- Thursday, MAY 27 - Santana Row Rooftops, San Jose
For more on the these sites go to Paintsites Detail
Paintsites Member's Artwork and Photos from this Week
"The stone bridges were beautiful." by Lora Mineral water fountain by Claudia "Backlit bridge provided interesting shadows and reflected light."
Laurie Mineral water fountain One of the old stone bridges A "friendly" squirrel?