Bill, Mary, Lora. Susan BG, Annie, XL, Jane and I had a lucky sunny day at Coyote Valley OSP. I was visited by a couple of Ladybugs. (Ladybugs are lucky correct? ) The Oaks are ready to bloom so we could clearly see and hear the yellow billed magpies We were also kept cowpany by grazing calves, and moms. There was quite a bit of horsing around at the nearby paddock. (Alison)
See below, for this week's photos and artwork posts, details on our plein air safety requirements, ideas for painting on your own, and upcoming events including a Zoom Presentation/Q&A on Plein Air Painting with SCVWS Paintsites.
Paint Site Guidelines
Please check the Paintsites website for details including directions and possible cancellations. To keep our members and guests as safe as possible during the COVID-19 era, we must change how we do things. Some of the paint sites have visitor limits. When this occurs we will post the information in paint site details on the SCVWS website. Participants must wear masks and observe the 6 ft. distancing rule. We no longer take photos of paintings on site. Please take your own photo, crop if needed, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Blog Submission Guidelines
If you choose not to attend the organized SCVWS plein air events, we invite Paintsites' artists sketching/painting on their own to pick one painting from that week and submit it by Saturday of that week. Here are some guidelines:
- Submit a digital photo of your artwork to email@example.com. Cropped photos are preferred.
- Include your name, the date and comments about the site or unique media notes.
- Be creative! Some of your best subjects are in or around your home. You may want to paint from personal photos of your travels.
- Submissions after Saturday midnight will appear in the following week's blog.
- One submission per member per week, please.
February Challenges: What’s Your Passion?
Sketch or paint something that represents your passion for music, gardening, hiking, architecture, or even an idea or a cause.
It's cloud season! Watercolor is the perfect medium to paint clouds. So many shapes, so many colors! Break out those blues, grays, yellows and lavenders, clouds are coming!
- Thursday Paintsite, February 25, 2021 - McClellan Ranch, Cupertino
- Sunday, February 28, 2021 - Plein Air - Tips to Get you Started: A Free SCVWS Online Overview and Q&A. Click here for detatils.
- Registration is Open for 53rd Annual Show
|Value sketch by Jane S.|
|Trees and Hillside by Mary P.|
|Tree and Bark Study by Lora|
|Panorama by Alison|
Other paintings by members
|Orchid Study by Shirley|
|Basket Madonna and Child by Dick|