Due to the higher tiered COVID-19 restrictions, Paintsites has been postponed until we can reschedule. Please check the SCVWS Paintsites details page for updates. We are still publishing the blog and hope you will continue to submit your artwork. It has been so inspiring to see Paintsites artists continue to paint despite the worries and restrictions imposed by the pandemic. Your artwork is wonderful! Please keep it up but stay safe.
Blog Submission Guidelines
We invite Paintsites' artists to paint or sketch during the week, pick one painting from that week and submit it by Saturday of that week. Here are some guidelines:
- Submit a digital photo of your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cropped photos are preferred.
- Include your name, the date and comments about the site or unique media notes.
- Be creative! Some of your best subjects are in or around your home. You may want to paint from personal photos of your travels.
- Submissions after Saturday midnight will appear in the following week's blog.
- One submission per member per week, please
In case you are stuck for ideas on what to paint and need a spark to get you going, here are some prompts for a monthly challenge:
"What’s Your Passion?" (February 1 to February 28). This could be anything that represents a strong feeling. For example, it could be a sketch or painting that represents your passion for music, gardening, hiking, architecture, a hobby, or even an idea or a cause.
If neither of these suggestions strikes your fancy, think about submitting a favorite painting from 2020.
It's cloud season! Watercolor is the perfect medium to paint clouds. So many shapes, so many colors! Break out those blues, grays, yellows and lavenders, clouds are coming!
|Elizabeth Gamble House by Caroline|
|Container Study by Helen|
|Transformers (Brisbane) by Shirley|
|Golden Gate Plein Air ink and watercolor by Dick 1/30|