Lora, Laurie, Mary R., Susan B.G., Jane, Nicole, Tanvi, Helen, Claudia and Alison had another sparkling warm day at McClellan Ranch. Painters delighted in the meadow rimmed with sycamore trees (and bright yellow Acacia, one of the early spring bloomers) which border Stevens Creek, plus a tank house, barns, and a replica of an old blacksmith shop.
See below, for this week's photos and artwork posts, details on our plein air safety requirements and upcoming events.
Paint Site Guidelines
Please check the Paintsites website for details including directions and possible cancellations. To keep our members and guests as safe as possible during the COVID-19 era, we must change how we do things. Some of the paint sites have visitor limits. When this occurs we will post the information in paint site details on the SCVWS website. Participants must wear masks and observe the 6 ft. distancing rule. We no longer take photos of paintings on site. Please take your own photo, crop if needed, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Blog Submission Guidelines
If you choose not to attend the organized SCVWS plein air events, we invite Paintsites' artists sketching/painting on their own to pick one painting from that week and submit it by Saturday of that week. Here are some guidelines:
- Submit a digital photo of your artwork to email@example.com. Cropped photos are preferred.
- Include your name, the date and comments about the site or unique media notes.
- Be creative! Some of your best subjects are in or around your home. You may want to paint from personal photos of your travels.
- Submissions after Saturday midnight will appear in the following week's blog.
- One submission per member per week, please.
- Thursday Paintsite, March 4, 2021 - Los Gatos County Park, Campbell
- Registration is Open for 53rd Annual Show
|Tank House value study by Lora|
|Painting from the meadow looking back by Mary R.|
|Trees by Susan B.G.|
|Acacia’s in Bloom by Jane S.|
|McClellan Ranch Tank House|
|Sycamore buds and Acacia blooms|
|New member Claudia admiring our work|
|It’s about time change- the sundial is on PDST?|
|Steven's Creek Riparian Corridor. |
The acacias and sycamores are blooming along
Stevens Creek at McClellan Ranch.
"We were keeping company with a
Red Shouldered Hawk and many sparrows." by Alison
|McClellan Ranch Park by Helen|
|Journal page by Laurie who says, |
“I’m sure glad that my favorite color is RED!”
|"Point Lobos" (Carmel) painted plein air Tuesday February 23 by Dick|
|Gamble Garden Magnolia, 2/22/21 by Caroline|