Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekend Site Villa Montalvo, Jan 26, 2013

Brad Santos

The day started out inauspiciously:   rain on the drive to Saratoga, the long sweep of lawn below the Villa torn up for refurbishment (so there were no grand views of the main building) and grey skies & drizzle for my first, monumentally unsuccessful painting.      After lunch I thought it best to tackle a less 'grand' subject and settled on a large urn.     The sun came out, the sky turned a clear blue --- life was good (and the painting better) -Brad Santos



Rajit Chandra
After looking around the grounds, in the grey and rainy morning, I chose a spot in the Italian Garden. The light and the mood changed in the beautiful garden as the skies cleared and I worked to finish the painting. It was well into the afternoon when I stopped - Rajit Chandra

No comments:

Post a Comment