Monday, June 24, 2013

Stevens Creek Park and Reservoir, Cupertino, Saturday, June 15, 2013


A weekend painter contemplates Stevens Creek Reservoir

With Rajit cruelly called to duty by his company, on a late Spring Saturday no less, Dick took over and led another successful Weekend Paintout. 
For additional information about Stevens Creek Park, see:    
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/Ride%20Here/Pages/Stevens-Creek-County-Park.aspx

Please note that the next Weekend Paintout is scheduled for Saturday, July 20th, at the Rosicrucian Museum in San Jose --- check the Society website and July newsletter for additional details.

Uma Kelkar

Dick lead us painters and it was enjoyable with a good turn out and especially because I had my son come along and paint with me. The water was low in the reservoir and the uniform yet dense vegetation made painting the view extremely challenging. Just a bunch of trees I thought, but adding drama when you have only hues of greens to play with is not for the weak hearted. We all persisted unfazed of course. I toiled over my watercolor block for an hour and when that started looking gruesome, I gave it another shot in my book in 15 minutes. That's the painting posted here. Goes to prove, less is more.  -Uma Kelkar



Dick Zunkel
We had another great turnout for the weekend paint-out. Weather was on the chilly side, but bright sunlight prevailed.     Dick

No comments:

Post a Comment